The mobile Dilon Molecular Imaging System is a general-use molecular imaging camera that is designed to image various organs, but has been optimised to perform Molecular Breast Imaging (MBI), providing a vital diagnostic adjunct to mammography and ultrasound. The Dilon MBI procedure is an excellent problem-solving tool when faced with a difficult-to-diagnose patient, especially those with dense breasts.
MBI has been used in the USA for several years now and is FDA and EU approved. Also being used in Netherlands (extensively), Germany and France.
However, the Dilon Mobile MBI system is new to the UK.
Compact Digital Detector
Available in two sizes:
1. The standard Dilon 6800®: 6” x 8” (15 x 20 cm), and
2. The Dilon 6800 Acella®: 8” x 10” (20 x 25 cm)
• Allows imaging close to the chest wall, thus minimising dead space.
• Portable gantry eliminating the need for installation or a dedicated exam room and allowing use at several points of care.
• Movable detector head allows imaging in all mammographic positions, plus selective study of hard-to-reach areas such as the axilla.
• May be located in or near the breast centre for same-day diagnostic imaging.
Digital Detector Technology:
• Lightning-Bright multi-crystal, wave-shifting array
• Light Guide – proprietary light concentrating optics
• Dilon Maxis high-density, high-resolution detector data point sampling system
• Smart-Logic – patented digital signal processing algorithm Proprietary Breast Positioning – Clear Shield
• Proprietary breast imaging paddle allows “see through” for easy positioning.
• The breast shield insert decreases scatter radiation from nearby organs improving image quality
• Stabilises the breast without painful compression
• Low Energy General Purpose (LEGP) Collimator. Optimised to perform Molecular Breast Imaging including lymphatic imaging (lymphoscintigraphy).
• Slant 15 Collimator. This 15-degree slanted collimator minimises dead space along the edge of the detector, improving visualisation of lesions near the chest wall.
• Low Energy High-Resolution (LEHR) Collimator. Enhances thyroid imaging without the need of the pinhole collimator.
Can also be used for other general molecular imaging applications, (please contact us for more details).
Now available in the UK.
Why not be the first hospital to provide this service in the UK!